The prestigious french film institute “La Fémis” is organizing a Summer class from 27th May to 24th July 2015!
La Fémis invites you to discover the documentary cinema during a two-month documentary filmmaking residence in Paris. Come and meet outstanding French documentary filmmakers, analyze and discuss their films ; develop and shoot your own short documentary film, experience a unique momentum of living in Paris within a group of fellow young filmmakers from all over the world. Learn new skills, make friends for life… and much more.
- About La Femis
The French national film school La Fémis was founded in 1986. It is chaired by the award winning director Raoul Peck. La Fémis trains every year 50 students in 10 filmmaking skills: directing, screenwriting, production, editing, cinematography, sound design, set design, continuity, distributing and exhibiting. Every year, the school produces 60 short films which are selected in 100 + national and international film festivals.
- About the Summer Class
– Target audience : film students, young film or TV directors and producers
– Working language: French. A fluency in this language is a must.
– Selection process: The selection is made by the Cultural Services of the French Embassies and La Fémis. Application forms are available at the Cultural services of the French Embassies.
– Application deadline : March 16, 2015
– Contacts in India : Cultural services of the French Embassy in India, M. Alexandre Gelbras, M. Reghu Devaraj.
La Fémis’ Summer Class is fully sponsored by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs.