e-TEF (electronic Test d’Évaluation de Français) is an international test that measures your overall level of proficiency in French. Results are valid up to 2 years from the date the results are announced. The e-TEF is approved by French and Canadian institutions and universities.
Please refer to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for more information on immigration to Canada/Québec.
e-TEF assesses comprehension and expression skills in French. It gives a quantitative and qualitative measure of the level of candidate’s linguistic and communication skills. It offers a detailed and personalized analysis of results.
Depending on your project, choose the appropriate e-TEF version:
- Study in France: TEF pour les études en France
- Immigration to Canada and/or application for Canadian citizenship: TEF Canada
- Immigration to Québec: TEFAQ
For more information on the different versions available, please refer to the website of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris Ile-de-France.TEST FORMAT
There is no pre-requisite to appear for any e-TEF examination. However, the candidate must be at least 16 years old at the time of registration.
Depeding on the e-TEF version that you are interested in, the compulsory sections may differ :
IMPORTANT :e-TEF is an online examination. Prior knowledge of how to use a computer is mandatory.
e-TEF is designed to assess your comprehension and expression skills in French on a 7-level scale ranging from level 0+ (elementary skills) to level 6 (total mastery of the language). This scale refers to:
– the 6 levels of proficiency defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CECRL) of the Council of Europe;
– the Canadian 12 levels of linguistic skills.
TEF pour les études en France/TEF Canada: Results will be announced by email within approximately 4 weeks after the examination date. The official certificate can be collected at the Alliance Française de Bombay Head Office (Churchgate) within 4 to 6 weeks after the results have been declared.
TEFAQ: Results will automatically be sent to the candidate’s email address within approximately 4 weeks after the examination date. No hard copy of the certificate will be issued.
IMPORTANT : Please note that e-TEF Certificates are not a diploma and are ONLY valid for 2 years.
If you wish to order an extra copy of the certificate, please check the fees below :
*18% GST already included
– Candidates have to mandatorily register in-person at the Theosophy Hall Head Office
– Print, fill in, and sign both the documents (please do NOT paste the photo on the form)
– Bring both documents to Alliance Française de Bombay along with all 4 items listed below :
a) 1 passport size photo
b) the original hard copy of your passport
c) a self-attested photocopy of the first page and last page of your passport
d) your payment (by Cash, Credit Card, Debit Card, or Local Bank Cheque drawn in favour of Alliance Française de Bombay)
– The number of seats is limited
– Registrations are strictly on a first-come first-serve basis
– We only accept Credit Card/Debit Card/Cash/Cheque Payments
– An extra charge of 2% is levied on Card Payments
– Fees once paid will not be refunded
– Alliance Française de Bombay reserves the right to cancel the examination in exceptional cases – including natural calamities. In such cases, exams will be postponed at no extra cost.
Alliance Française de Bombay does not organize any specific preparation courses exclusively for the different versions of e-TEF. General French classes are strongly recommended.
To discover and get familiar with the exam, please feel free to use the following free online resources offered by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris:
- CCI Paris Ile-de-France
- Training app “français 3.0” for Android and Ipad/Iphone
- Training tutorials for listening and speaking sections
Title: Test d’évaluation de français
Publisher: Hachette livre – Français langue étrangère
Title: TEF (test d’évaluation de français) – 250 activités
Publisher: CLE International
For further details, please contact our Head Office:
022-22035993, 022-22036187 | email@example.com