Frequently Asked Questions – Online Classes
Keeping in mind the current lack of mobility and to facilitate social distancing, Alliance Française de Bombay is conducting Online Classes for its French Courses. These will transition back to Classroom Teaching in our Learning Centres once we get official directives regarding the reopening of educational institutions.
Our Online French Classes are conducted using the following tools :
- the website Zoom (for Demo Classes and for current students of AF Bombay)
- the website My Alliance (only for current students of AF Bombay)
- Study Material (only for current students of AF Bombay)
- Course Completion Certificate (only for current students of AF Bombay)
Do read ALL of the guidelines given below carefully. In case you still have any queries, our contact details are mentioned at the end of this page. On this front, please note that we respond to your emails in the order we receive them DURING working hours (Mon to Sat – 10:00 am to 5 pm | Lunch Break – 1 pm to 2 pm on all 6 days)
Zoom is a video-conferencing website with multiple functionalities which allows you to create a virtual classroom. Please follow the following steps for accessing the same :
- Visit zoom.us
- In case you do not have a Zoom Account, you can create one by clicking on Sign Up, It’s Free (top right corner). Please use the same email address which you used to register for the demo class / course.
- Check your Inbox / Spam Folder for an email with the Subject Please activate your Zoom account
- Click on this email and then on Activate Account
- You can now Sign In and use your Zoom Account
- Each Virtual Class / Demo Class is conducted as a Zoom Meeting – the link to these Zoom Meetings are updated on the website My Alliance (please refer to the My Alliance section below) – the website automatically sends a copy of these to the Inbox / Spam Folder of the email address submitted by you at the time of registration. When you click on this link (OR copy and paste link on a new window in Firefox/Chrome/Safari), the website might recommend that you download certain software missing from your device (including the Zoom Software and Flash Player). Do download the same before the class starts to ensure a smooth session.
NOTE : We recommend that you use Zoom on a Laptop/Desktop Computer with a Camera, Headphones, and Reasonably Fast Internet Connection. For slower connections, you might only be able to use the Audio Facility (and not Video Calling). The website works best on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari – we recommend that you regularly clear your browsing history on these to ensure that Zoom works properly. In case you have downloaded the Zoom Software, we also recommend that you regularly delete the Temporary Files on your computer (these can be found by typing %Temp% on the Search Bar of your computer).
My Alliance is an online-learning platform. First time users are sent an email containing the link to the My Alliance website, their username, and password on the FIRST DAY OF THEIR CLASS. Please check the Inbox or Spam folder of the email address submitted by you at the time of registration for the same. These details remain the same as long as the student continues to learn French at Alliance Française de Bombay.
In case you cannot find the email notification or you wish to update the email address connected to My Alliance, please send an email with your Name, Contact Number, Class Details (Level, Centre, Time Slot, Teacher Name, Type – Weekday/Weekend/Fast Track/Kids) to [email protected]
My Alliance works best on Chrome/Firefox/Safari on a Laptop/Desktop Computer. We recommend that you regularly clear your browsing history on these to ensure optimum utilization of the platform.
User Guide ( My Alliance and Zoom )
Please watch this video AFTER you have read all the details highlighted above in the Sections on My Alliance and Zoom :
The Course Fees does NOT include the Study Material – this has to be purchased separately. We will send you an email wherein we will let you know How to Order the hard copies of the same directly from the publisher. Kindly note that the study material is non-refundable. Hence, we request you to purchase it only AFTER you receive a notification from our end to proceed on this front.
Course Completion Certificate
- Visit this link on a laptop/desktop computer
- Log in to your account by using the email address which you had provided while registering for the French Courses
- In case you have forgotten your password, do NOT create a new account. Click on GET MY PASSWORD and follow the instructions accordingly
- Once you log in to your account, you will see the options Logout, My Account, My Cart (top left corner)
- Click on MY ACCOUNT and scroll down on the page
- Next, click on VIEW ALL YOUR CLASSES
- You will see a list of all the classes that you have pursued at AF Bombay. On the right hand side of each class, you will see DOWNLOAD CERTIFICATE option in the red box. Click on the same to download your Course Completion Certificate.
We strongly recommend that you go through the Terms and Conditions of our Online Classes via this link BEFORE registering for the same.