TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION FOR FRENCH COURSES :
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances unless the course is cancelled by Alliance Française de Bombay (hereafter referred to as AFB). Under legitimate circumstances a credit of the fees paid or a transfer (from one batch or term to another) can be granted.
- Transfer from one batch to another batch of the same level will only be allowed on payment of Rs. 2,000/- strictly on the basis of availability in the desired batch.
- There will be an additional 18% GST to the basic course fee.
- Transfer or credit will not be allowed once the course has started.
- Membership to AFB is mandatory and has to be valid on the date of commencement of a class (Rs. 600/- for 6 months).
- Fees can be paid online, or in cheque/credit/debit card in our main centres (Churchgate and Santacruz). Cash payments are authorised only in the head office (Churchgate). In case of dishonour of cheques, AFB reserves all rights to take necessary action, such as blacklisting the concerned student on all international French examinations.
- If you are not currently or if you have never been an AFB student, to enrol for any level except A1, the student has to :
a) Produce an authorised certificate at the time of enrolment (i.e. either the DELF certificate of previous level OR an AF Network Class Certificate of Previous Level OR an authorised certificate such as TEF or TCF). The said certificate should have been obtained within 6 months from the date of registration.
b) Or : appear for a mandatory placement test (Rs. 1180/- including GST ) available online. Results are valid for 3 months (ongoing/upcoming term).
- AFB reserves the right to postpone or cancel a class in case the minimum number of students required for a batch have not registered.
- We keep a track of each student’s attendance. In case you will be unable to join the class, please try to inform the teacher well in advance. Please note that teachers will NOT repeat the portion missed out by a student because they were unable to attend any lecture(s), irrespective of the circumstances.
- Recording of the lectures in any form is strictly prohibited. Alliance Française de Bombay reserves the right to take action on this front as per its discretion.
- It is mandatory to join the class on time. Teachers will NOT repeat the portion missed out by a student because they joined late.
- Alliance Française de Bombay observes important national holidays (up to two days per trimester – list of holidays available on this link). We do NOT conduct any classes on these days and the hours missed during these holidays will NOT be made up for under any circumstances.