- Fees once paid will NOT be refunded under any circumstances unless the course is cancelled by Alliance Française de Bombay. Under legitimate circumstances a credit of the fees paid or a transfer (from one batch or term to another) can be granted to the candidate who had registered with us. Please note that course fees will NOT be transferred to any other person.
- Transfer from one batch to another batch of the same level will only be allowed on payment of Rs. 2,500/- strictly on the basis of availability of seats in the desired batch. ONLY ONE TRANSFER PER SESSION WILL BE ALLOWED.
- There will be an additional 18% GST to the basic course fee.
- Transfers and/or credits will NOT be allowed once the course has started.
- Registering for more than one class (except workshops) during the same session is NOT allowed. In case anyone is found attending 2 classes simultaneously (either higher or lower of the same level or subsequent level), Alliance Française de Bombay reserves all rights to take necessary action. In such cases, transfer from one term to another will only be allowed on payment of Rs.2,500/- strictly on the basis of availability of seats in the desired batch.
- Membership to Alliance Française de Bombay is mandatory and has to be valid on the date of commencement of a class (Rs. 600/- for 6 months).
- Fees can be paid online via our kiosk or as cheque/credit or debit card payments at our main centres (Churchgate and Santacruz). Cash payments are authorised only at the head office (Churchgate). In case of dishonour of cheques (including stop payments), Alliance Française de Bombay reserves all rights to take necessary action including blacklisting the concerned student for ALL international French examinations. In case of any queries regarding payments (including payments via NEFT transfers), please send an email to [email protected] OR [email protected].
- Anyone between 9 to 13 years of age can register for the first level i.e. A1 (Kids Courses).
- Anyone aged 15 years or above can register for the first level i.e. A1 (Adult Courses).
- For ALL levels except A1, you will need to produce at least ONE of the following certificates in case you have never studied at Alliance Française de Bombay before:
a) An authorised certificate at the time of enrolment (i.e. either the DELF certificate of the previous level OR an Alliance Française Network Class Certificate of the Previous Level OR an authorised certificate such as TEF or TCF). The said certificate should have been obtained within 6 months from the date of registration.
b) In case you do NOT have any of the certificates mentioned above, it is mandatory to appear for a placement test (Rs. 1,500/- including GST ) available online. Results are valid for 3 months (ongoing/upcoming term). The placement test is also mandatory for any student who has taken a gap of more than 6 months from their previous French Course/Exam. The procedure & payment details of the Placement Test are available on this link.
- Alliance Française de Bombay reserves the right to postpone or cancel a class in case the minimum number of students required for a batch have not registered. Kindly note that a refund of the fees paid will be processed within a time period of two weeks.
- In the event of late enrolment, Alliance Française de Bombay will NOT be liable to make up for the missed hours. The missed out portion will NOT be repeated irrespective of the circumstances. In case a student is unable to cope up with the class and wishes to take a transfer to the next session, a transfer fee of Rs.2,500/- will be applicable strictly on the basis of availability of seats in the desired batch. Please note that course fees will NOT be refunded under any circumstances.
- We keep a track of each student’s attendance. In case you will be unable to join the class, please try to inform the teacher well in advance. Please note that teachers will NOT repeat the portion missed out by a student because they were unable to attend any lecture(s), irrespective of the circumstances.
- Recording of the lectures in any form is strictly prohibited. Alliance Française de Bombay reserves the right to take action on this front as per its discretion.
- It is mandatory to join the class on time. Teachers will NOT repeat the portion missed out by a student because they joined late.
- Students have to download their Course Completion Certificate after 24 hours from the last day of the course from our online kiosk. The procedure to download the Certificate is mentioned on this link.
- Discounts, if offered by Alliance Française de Bombay are only valid only for a certain session and period. Any payment made outside of this period or for any other session will NOT be eligible for the discount. No negotiations on this front will be entertained.
- In the likelihood of a class being divided, the students of the said class will be bifurcated randomly by Alliance Française de Bombay. No negotiation on this front will be entertained.
- Alliance Française de Bombay observes important national holidays (up to two days per trimester – list of holidays available on this link). We do NOT conduct any classes on these days and the hours missed during these holidays will NOT be made up for under any circumstances.
- Study Material will be distributed to students during the first class for on-site classes. For online classes, students are required to come get the Study Material from the centre where they have registered for the class.
- We strongly recommend that you keep an eye on our official social media handles for information on our French courses and cultural events.
- Instagram: @afmumbai
- Facebook: Alliance Française de Bombay
- LinkedIn: Alliance Française de Bombay
Please note that we respond to queries in the order we receive them DURING working hours ( Mon to Sat – 10 am to 5:30 pm | Lunch Break – 1 pm to 2 pm on all 6 days). Please allow us at least ONE working day to revert to your query.