Please go through ALL of the following guidelines on a
LAPTOP/ DESKTOP Computer and not a mobile phone
Junior Exam! It is the candidate’s responsibility to go through them BEFORE they register.
Failure to abide with even a single one of these rules will result in the candidate being
declared as non-admissible i.e. they will NOT be allowed to appear for the exam and their
DELF/DALF fees will NOT be refunded/transferred under any circumstances. A penalty of Rs. 2,360/- will be levied against ALL candidates who break even a single rule in any way [including External Candidates registering as Internal Candidates, candidates above 18 years of age registering for the DELF Junior Exam, Candidates who register for the wrong level/wrong centre etc.]
- ALL Candidates who have appeared for ANY DELF Junior Exam in the past are expected to enter the same 12 digit Candidate Code Number which was allocated to them previously [this candidate code number is mentioned on the candidate’s DELF Certificates]. Candidates who already have a candidate code number and do not enter the same at the time of registration will NOT be allowed to sit for the exams and their examination fees will NOT be refunded/transferred under any circumstances.
- Alliance Française de Bombay will be following the protocols outlined by the Central Government of India and the State Government of Maharashtra for the exams. In case of a significant rise in Covid 19 cases OR an imposition of a Lockdown in Mumbai OR for any related reason (examination centre being closed etc.), Alliance Francaise de Bombay reserves the right to cancel the December 2022 DELF-DALF Exams. Any update regarding the December 2022 exams will reflect on this link. It is the candidate’s responsibility to keep checking this link regularly as Alliance Française de Bombay will NOT personally notify individual candidates about the same.
- Any registered candidate who tests positive for Covid and hence CANNOT appear for the December 2022 exams is requested to immediately send an email to [email protected] (cc [email protected]) with a digital copy / photo / scan of the test report attached to the email.
- IMPORTANT: DELF Junior are internationally recognised exams and organised as per extremely strict rules and regulations. These rules are NON-NEGOTIABLE and registering for the exam constitutes a binding contract on the part of the candidate. It is COMPULSORY for each candidate to go through ALL the rules of the exams BEFORE REGISTRATION. Failure to do so is an ERROR on the part of the candidate and Alliance Française de Bombay CANNOT be held accountable for the same under ANY circumstances.
- A penalty of Rs. 2,360/- will be levied against ALL candidates who break even a single rule in any way [including External Candidates registering as Internal Candidates, candidates above 18 years of age registering for the DELF Junior Exam, Candidates who register for the wrong level/wrong centre etc. ]
a) Please note that the DELF exams are NOT mandatory – they are given to prove your proficiency in French for official purposes (eg: admissions in foreign universities, job applications etc.). There are very limited seats for the DELF JUNIOR exams in December 2022. BEFORE REGISTRATION, do consider whether you actually need to appear for the exam. It is important to note that:
– It is not mandatory to give the DELF exams for every level – you can directly appear for your highest level (eg: if your proficiency level in French is B1, you can directly appear for the B1 exam if you wish to without giving the A1 and A2 exams)
– If you are only appearing for the exam to skip a level of our French Courses, we would recommend applying for the Placement Test instead.
b) ONLY candidates who are BETWEEN 11 to 17 years of age at the time of registration can apply for the DELF JUNIOR Exams in December 2022 in Mumbai.
c) It is compulsory for each candidate to carry their own stationery (pens, pencils etc.) on the day of the exam. Alliance Française de Bombay will NOT provide the same under ANY circumstances.
d) Candidates are NOT allowed to carry anything apart from their stationery inside the examination hall. We strongly recommend that you travel light and do not bring any unnecessary items to the examination centers. Items such as cell phones, bags, valuables etc. are NOT allowed inside the examination hall. Alliance Française de Bombay CANNOT be held responsible for guarding these items at the venue. Furthermore, Alliance Française de Bombay CANNOT be held accountable in case of any theft, damage, or loss of such items. Please carry your own drinking water to the examination venue.
e) Alliance Française de Bombay will be following the protocols outlined by the Central Government of India and the State Government of Maharashtra for the exams. These include temperature checks at the entrance, regular cleaning and disinfection of the centres, and social distancing measures amongst others. However, candidates are requested to bear in mind that they are appearing for the examination at their own risk. Alliance Française de Bombay CANNOT be held accountable under ANY circumstances if a candidate falls ill. Hence, candidates are requested to think judiciously about the risks involved BEFORE REGISTRATION. A registration for the exam CANNOT be cancelled and the examination fees will NOT be refunded/transferred to another session under ANY circumstances.
f) Once the candidate has finished the examination, they are expected to leave the examination hall in an orderly fashion. NO loitering in the premises will be entertained under ANY circumstances.
Please go through ALL the rules given on ALL THE TWO LINKS below on a LAPTOP/DESKTOP COMPUTER (NOT on a mobile phone) BEFORE November, 2022. Alliance Française de Bombay will NOT be handling ANY queries regarding information which is already given on these links:
Link 1 of 2: Registration
Link 2 of 2: Rules & Regulations