A penalty of Rs. 2,360/- will be levied against ALL candidates who break even a single rule in any way [ including External Candidates registering as Internal Candidates, candidates below 18 years of age registering for the DELF-DALF Tout Public Exam, Candidates who register for the wrong level/wrong centre etc. ]
1) Please go through all the guidelines BEFORE registering for the DELF-DALF Exam! It is the candidate’s responsibility to go through them BEFORE they register. Failure to abide with even a single one of these rules will result in the candidate being declared as non-admissible i.e. they will NOT be allowed to appear for the exam and their DELF/DALF fees will NOT be refunded/transferred under any circumstances. A penalty of Rs. 2,360/- will be levied against ALL candidates who break even a single rule in any way.
2) Registrations for the DELF-DALF Examinations are STRICTLY on a first-come first-serve basis. NO requests will be entertained under ANY circumstances once seats for any level get full.
3) Please note that candidates are NOT allowed to choose/change the time slot for the written/oral exam. The allocated time slot(s) for the written/oral examination have to be scrupulously respected under ALL circumstances. Candidates will NOT be allowed to appear for the examination at any slot apart from their allocated time. Failure to do so – including arriving late for the written/oral exam – will result in the candidate being declared non-admissible and their examination fees will NOT be refunded/transferred under ANY circumstances.
4) Any candidate arriving late on the date of the DELF/DALF examinations shall be declared non-admissible and shall be refused entry to the examination halls. Registration fees shall neither be refunded nor transferred.
5) Kindly note that the DELF/DALF Examination fees once paid will NOT be refunded or transferred under ANY circumstances.
- Exam Fees : The Examination Fees for Internal Candidates & External Candidates is different. For the December 2022 DELF-DALF Tout Public Session, an internal candidate is someone who has pursued a French Course at ANY Alliance Française in India at any time ON OR AFTER 1st July, 2022. Any candidate who does not meet this criteria is an External Candidate. On verification, if an External Candidate is found to have paid the Fees reserved for Internal Candidates, they will be expected to pay the difference in the fees immediately. Failure to do so will result in the candidate being declared as non-admissible and their examination fees will NOT be refunded/transferred under ANY circumstances. Furthermore, a penalty of Rs. 2,360/- will be levied on ALL External Candidates who register as Internal Candidates.
- Refunds : Kindly note that the DELF/DALF Examination Fees once paid will NOT be refunded or transferred under ANY circumstances.
- Examination Schedule : Please note that candidates are NOT allowed to choose/change the time slot for the written/oral exam. The allocated time slot(s) for the written/oral examination have to be scrupulously respected under ALL circumstances. Candidates will NOT be allowed to appear for the examination at any slot apart from their allocated time. Failure to do so – including arriving late for the written/oral exam – will result in the candidate being declared non-admissible and their examination fees will NOT be refunded/transferred under ANY circumstances.
- Examination Centre : Please note that FOR THE December 2022 EXAM, you can choose ANY ONE Examination Centre between:
a) Santacruz OR
b) Vashi OR
c) Cuffe Parade (GD Somani School)
Please check the address of these centres via this link BEFORE REGISTERING for the exam. Please note that you can only opt for a centre as long as there are seats available in the same. Once a centre gets full, we will no longer accept ANY request for registrations for the same under ANY circumstances. NO negotiation on this front will be entertained.
NOTE: All candidates who clear the exam are expected to come/send their representative to our Churchgate Head Office in Mumbai along with the relevant documents at the time of certificate collection [ Attestation & Diplôme ]. Certificates will NOT be couriered & their soft copies will NOT be emailed under any circumstances.
- Documents Needed : On the day of the exam, candidates are expected to carry ALL of the following items :
- their original (hard copy/physical document) National Photo Identity Card (Passport/Aadhar Card/Voter ID/Driving Licence)
- their original copy (hard copy/physical document) of the DELF/DALF Examination Fee Receipt sent by Alliance Française de Bombay following online registration. Soft Copies/Digital Copies of the Fee Receipt will NOT be accepted.
Please note that candidates will NOT be allowed to appear for the DELF/DALF Examination if they forget to carry EVEN A SINGLE ONE of these documents. Any such candidates will be declared non-admissible and the examinations fees will NOT be refunded/transferred.
RULES AND REGULATIONS OUTLINED BY
THE EMBASSY OF FRANCE IN INDIA
FOR DELF-DALF EXAMINATIONS
1 – SCOPE OF APPLICATION
The general conditions of this document apply to all candidates appearing for the DELF (Diplôme d’Études en Langue française), DELF Junior (DELF version junior), DELF Pro (DELF option Professionnelle), DELF Prim (DELF for primary school pupils) and DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) examinations, hereinafter referred to as DELF/DALF, at any of the examination centres officially approved by France Education Nationale in India (Complete list of centres available on this link).
2 – VALIDITY OF DELF/DALF DIPLOMAS
The DELF / DALF diplomas are given the same recognition as all official diplomas/degrees issued by the French Ministry of National Education and have lifelong validity.
3 – ELIGIBILITY FOR APPEARING FOR DELF/DALF EXAMINATIONS
3.1. Any person wishing to enhance their French language skills may appear for DELF / DALF without any pre-requisites, except for those holding a French degree in secondary or higher secondary public education.
3.2. Appearing for DELF Junior is restricted to candidates aged between 11 to 17 years of age as on the day of the examination.
3.3 Appearing for DELF Prim is strictly restricted to primary school pupils aged between 8 to 12 years old.
3.4. The DELF / DALF diplomas are independent: it is not necessary to be the holder of the diploma of the previous level to appear for an examination of a higher level. (eg: a candidate does not need to have an A1 Diploma to appear for the A2 Level).
3.5. A candidate may appear for several examinations during the same session, but may not appear for two versions of the same level (e.g. a candidate can apply for DELF Tout Public A1 and DELF Tout Public A2 in the same session but cannot appear for DELF Junior A1 & DELF Tout Public A1 as they are two versions of the same level).
3.6. A candidate may appear for the same examination as many times as may be necessary for obtaining the desired diploma. However, they cannot appear for a diploma that they already hold unless they surrender the already acquired diploma in a formal written letter duly submitted at least four months prior to the examination session (Cf. process given below). A candidate who fares unsuccessfully in the second attempt shall lose the first diploma.
4 – PROCEDURE FOR APPEARING FOR DELF/DALF EXAMINATION
4.1 The candidate must register online on the designated registration dates.
4.2. If any candidate had registered for DELF/DALF during a previous session, it is mandatory to indicate the 12-digit candidate number that had been allotted to them, regardless of the examination centre.
4.3. The registration fees for each diploma are fixed by the French Institute in India for all the examination centres in India for one calendar year. For information on the fees, please contact the examination centre of your choice.
5 – CANCELLATION/REIMBURSEMENT
The DELF / DALF registration fees are neither refundable nor transferable.
6 – PROOF OF IDENTITY OF THE CANDIDATES
The candidate must produce a photo identity card ( Passport/Aadhar Card/Voter ID/Driving Licence ) at the beginning of each oral and written examination. The examination centre reserves the right to verify the identity of the candidate at any time during the different examination stages.
7 – DELAY
Any candidate arriving late on the date of the DELF/DALF examinations shall be declared non-admissible and shall be refused entry to the examination halls. Registration fees shall neither be refunded nor transferred.
8 – USE OF UNFAIR MEANS
Using unfair means during examinations constitutes an offence under the French Law of December 23, 1901 on the prevention of the use of unfair means in public examinations and competitions.
Any candidate caught in the act of using unfair means or attempting to use unfair means, shall be debarred from appearing for DELF/DALF examinations for 5 years.
9 – DECLARATION OF RESULTS
Once available, the results will be declared by each of the examination centres in accordance with their respective procedures. Detailed results will NOT be conveyed by telephone. The grades obtained by candidates in DELF/DALF examinations are confidential and CANNOT be made public by the examination centre or conveyed to a third party.
10 – REVIEW OF RESULTS OBTAINED
As DELF/DALF are State diplomas, the general rules and regulations of French examinations are applicable to them. Thus, the jury of examiners of the examination centre are sovereign (Conseil d’État – SEBAN – 29.07.83) and no review is allowed against decisions taken in application of this regulation.
11 – COLLECTION OF DELF/DALF CERTIFICATES
NOTE: All candidates who clear the exam are expected to come / send their representative to our Churchgate Head Office in Mumbai along with the relevant documents at the time of certificate collection [ Attestation & Diplôme ]. Certificates will NOT be couriered & their soft copies will NOT be emailed under any circumstances.
11.1. DELF/DALF certificates may be collected at the examination Centre once they are available. Requests for sending the attestation of success in examinations, DELF/DALF certificates or their copies by post or e-mail will NOT be entertained.
11.2. If a candidate is unable to collect their DELF /DALF certificate in person, they may designate a person to do so through an authorisation letter which MUST include ALL of the following details :
– the Full Name and the Signature of the Candidate who appeared for the DELF Exam along with their 12-Digit Candidate Number
– The Session (Month and Year) of the DELF Exam along with the level appeared for (A1, A2, … etc.)
– the Full Name and the Signature of the Person coming to collect the Certificates
– the original (Hard Copy) of at least one Nationalised ID Card (PAN Card/Aadhaar Card/Voter ID Card/Passport/Driving Licence) of the Person coming to collect the Certificates
– the original (Hard Copy) of at least one Nationalised ID Card (PAN Card/Aadhaar Card/Voter ID Card/Passport/Driving Licence) of the Candidate who appeared for the DELF Exam
– the ORIGINAL hard copy/printed copy of the DELF/DALF Exam fee receipt sent by Alliance Française de Bombay following online registration
Please find all FAQs related to collection of certificates here.
12 – CHANGES TO DELF / DALF CERTIFICATE
On the day of the DELF /DALF examination, the examination centre circulates a sheet with the candidates’ personal information as declared by them during registration (surname, given name(s), date and place of birth, nationality, etc.). By signing this sheet, the candidate attests to the accuracy of the given information. If a candidate detects any error on this sheet, they must immediately inform the examination centre. Any request for change after the day of the examination will attract a fee and delay the issue of the attestation of success and the DELF /DALF certificate.
13 – REQUEST FOR CANCELLATION OF DELF / DALF DIPLOMA
Any candidate desirous of re-appearing for the examination for a diploma they have already obtained must submit an official written request (in English or French) addressed to the President of the DELF /DALF National Jury. The letter must specify that the candidate is giving up the benefit of the diploma already obtained of their own free will and must enclose the original diploma for destruction. After due consideration of the request and in the event of a positive reply notified in writing by the competent authorities, the diploma will effectively be destroyed. Given the procedures involved, the request must reach the president of the DELF / DALF national jury at least three months prior to the examination session for which the candidate desires to appear. The candidate shall bear the diploma cancellation fees.
14 – RESPONSIBILITY, ACTS OF GOD
The responsibility of the examination centre and its employees shall be limited to wilful misconduct or serious negligence. The centre shall NOT be responsible in any manner whatsoever in the event that any examination is interrupted due to an act of God (natural calamities, fire, flood, war, administrative instructions independent of the Examination Centre etc.).
15 – FINAL PROVISIONS
15.1. The general conditions herein laid down are an integral part of the DELF/DALF registration form signed with the examination centre.
15.2. These general conditions are subject to French law and any dispute arising from these shall be referred to the competent French authorities.