Self Learning : online course
- Do you want to take charge of your own learning?
- Are you unable to join a regular course because of a hectic schedule or specific language requirements?
- Do you want to learn on your own and yet be guided by a counselor?
As a guided self-learner at AF de Bombay, you can:
- Learn with the help of books, audio cds and cdroms in our Self-Learning Centre.
- Access to our social network Mumbaikar in French and to pur special coaching.
- Access and borrow magazines, novels, Easy French books, comics, music cds and movies (VHS, DVD) in our French Information Resource Centre.
- Access learning resources (press, language learning websites) on Internet through the computers at the library.
Your self-learning at AF de Bombay will be:
- Partially autonomous: You will take all the important decisions regarding your learning (what you want to learn, when, with what materials, at what pace and how you will be evaluated) and learn on your own.
- Partially guided: Your self-learning will begin with an orientation discussion with a counselor, during which you can discuss your learning objectives and possible ways to achieve them. You will also meet a counselor once after every 9 self-learning hours for a follow-up session. This will be an opportunity for you and your counselor to review your progress, discuss any questions or difficulties and decide on further action.
How to enroll:
When you decide to enroll, please complete the enrolment procedure at our office at Theosophy Hall, New Marine Lines (Mon-Fri., 9:30 to 17:30, Sat. 9:30 to 13:00, tel. 22035993/ 22036187). You will need to fill out a form, pay the fees and provide a passport sized photograph for your student identity card.
Structure of Guided Self-Learning and Fees:
Our GSL is a minimum two months programme, which includes 2 hours of one-to-one sessions with a counselor, at SLC/FIRC.
The block is valid for two months from the date of enrolment. This means that theprogram must be completed within 2 months from the date of enrolment.
The structure of "Online course" is as follows:
|Orientation discussion||by appointment, at GD Somani||1 hour|
|Access to our social network||by email adress and password||Access to our social network|
|Five corrected texts : correction, mediation||Two months|
|Concluding follow-up session||by appointment, at GD Somani||1 hour|
|Total duration||two months|
|Total fees||Rs. 4500 RS|
|Additional one-to-one sessions (@ Rs. 1700 per hour) with the counselor can be arranged if required.|
Details of our Resource Centres:
Mumbaikar in French Our social network and special guidance (coaching) : http://afmumbai.ning.com
Self-Learning Centre (SLC)
Alliance française de Bombay, 2nd floor, GD Somani School, Cuffe Parade (Open Mon-Fri 09:00 to 20:00, Sat 11:00 to 19:00, Sun 13:00 to 19:00, tel. 22189884) Learning materials can be used only in the SLC, no lending facility
French Information Resource Centre (FIRC)
Alliance française de Bombay, Theosophy Hall, near Churchgate, New Marine Lines (Open Mon-Fri, 10:30 to 13:00 and 14:00 to 17:00, Sat. 10:30 to 13:00, tel. 22036187/ 22035993, Ext